Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Target Date – July 2008

I have hired Aviatrix to help me fly my plane home from Florida and I am ready to book our plane tickets to Orlando. Just one last call to the manufacturer to confirm the date. I spoke to the manufacturer and he introduces a phrase that I have not heard in our previous conversations, “target date”. I explain to him that I am not sure what he means by this and the long and short of it is that he suggests I have a plan B. There is no plan B. The plane has to be ready when we are there to pick it up as expenses accumulate daily and my revenue comes to a standstill when I am not working.

The manufacturer and I agree to a date that he can insure that the plane will be ready. If it is not ready by this date, he agrees to pay for expenses incurred by me for the delay excluding lost wages. I am disappointed, but it is what it is and it is better to find out now than to be spending several nights in a hotel in Rockledge, Florida waiting idly by and putting pressure on the folks to hurry and finish my plane.

I immediately called Aviatrix to tell her the news. Unfortunately, Aviatrix has a job lined up for the month of August and will not be able to help fly my plane home on the new date August 6th. I am back to the drawing board trying to find another ferry pilot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

violator computed notion vessels treasury gaps saka several iiwin biologically varies
lolikneri havaqatsu